Appreciate AZ - Leave No Trace
Plan ahead and prepare. Arizona adventure awaits you!
Wander with wonder, but please stick to the trails.
Pack it in, pack it out. Don't be trashy.
Be kind; leave what you find. Take only memories.
Stop the spark. Prevent wildfires.
Stay wild. Appreciate the wildlife from a distance.
Don't be a bore! Share the outdoors!
The Arizona Office of Tourism and the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics have forged a new partnership to promote sustainable tourism practices across Arizona’s spectacular landscapes and unique destinations. People form lasting connections with nature when they understand how to protect it, according to Leave No Trace research. The partnership will build a program that ensures visitors and residents are equipped with the Leave No Trace knowledge and skills to protect Arizona's iconic natural features while enjoying these spectacular destinations. The Town of Wickenburg is joining the Arizona Office of Tourism and sharing the Leave No Trace campaign. Wickenburg is surrounded by beautiful scenery. Our community and visitors enjoy spending their time in Wickenburg’s mountains, washes, and trails. It is important to share knowledge on how to protect our natural resource.
Follow our Wickenburg Parks and Recreation Facebook page where the Leave No Trace program will be highlighted each week. The Town will share a Leave No Trace message and how the community can protect our local resources.
In addition, the Town of Wickenburg will be utilizing a message board along the roadside to continually share each week’s message with the community and those driving through Town.
To "Appreciate AZ" and celebrate the natural beauty surrounding Wickenburg and throughout the state of Arizona, the Town of Wickenburg is hosting a photo contest. Be sure to view the Appreciate AZ Photo Contest Rules and Requirements before submitting your photographs. The five categories of the photo contest are listed below:
- Landscape: Amazing photos that highlight beautiful Arizona landscapes.
- Flora and Fauna: Capture the beauty and variety of plants and trees that can be found in Arizona.
- Wildlife: From majestic to unique, share the photos that showcase Arizona’s diverse wildlife.
- The Great Outdoors: Whether you are camping, hiking the trails, roaring down a mountain side on your bike, or adventuring by horseback or off-road vehicle, we want to see the amazing shots that show off the many ways Arizona’s outdoors can be enjoyed by all.
- Wickenburg Community: Photographs of our wonderful Wickenburg community.
The contest is open to all participants of any age. Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, September 30, 2021. Digital photos in jpeg format must be submitted by email to email@example.com by midnight of September 30th.
Only photos that follow the submittal guidelines will be accepted. Winning photos will be displayed at Wickenburg Town Hall with photo credits for a minimum of one year.
- Stop by the Wickenburg Chamber of Commerce to grab a cleanup kit to help us keep our desert clean.
- Share the Leave No Trace principles with family, friends, and on social media.
- Visit the website page wickenburgtrails.org and the Facebook pages of Wickenburg Clean and Beautiful, as well as Wickenburg Trails for great resources and events on protecting our natural resources surrounding Wickenburg.